This sandbox-style 3D Mario adventure – the first since 1997’s beloved Super Mario 64 and 2002’s Nintendo GameCube classic Super Mario Sunshine – is packed with secrets and surprises, and with Mario’s new moves like cap throw, cap jump, and capture, you’ll have fun and exciting gameplay experiences unlike anything you’ve enjoyed in a Mario game before.
Get ready to be whisked away to strange and amazing places far from the Mushroom Kingdom!
- Explore huge 3D kingdoms filled with secrets and surprises, including costumes for Mario and lots of ways to interact with the diverse environments – such as cruising around them in vehicles that incorporate the HD rumble feature of the – Joy-Con controller or exploring sections as Pixel Mario.
- Thanks to his new friend, Cappy, Mario has to brand new moves for you to master, like cap throw, cap jump, and capture. With capture, Mario can take control of all sorts of things, including objects and enemies!
- Visit astonishing new locales, like skyscraper-packed New Donk City, and run into familiar friends and foes as you try to save Princess Peach from Bowser’s clutches and foil his dastardly wedding plans.
- A set of three new amiibo figures (sold separately) – Mario, Princess Peach, and Bowser in their wedding outfits – will be released at launch. Some previously released amiibo will also be compatible with this title. You can tap supported amiibo to receive gameplay assistance – some amiibo will also unlock costumes for Mario when scanned!
- Another new feature for those who love to be creative is ‘snapshot mode.’ During the game, players can stop the action, rotate landscapes and snap a picture. They can then modify with color and distortion before sharing with their friends on social media. This new imaginative feature will no doubt lead to a barrage of Mario gameplay images shared online.
- The fun doesn’t have to stop at single-player mode. Join in with friends and play as Mario and Cappy together. Unique to the Nintendo Switch, gamers have the ability to play in co-op mode by using single Joy-Con controllers, so there are even more hours of discovery to be had.